This year's Art Exhibition at Bickerton Village Hall was held between 22nd & 30th July
This year’s exhibition was a tremendous success in terms of numbers participating, standard of the artwork, public attendance, sales and, most importantly, the enjoyment of all concerned. We received countless positive comments from those attending on all aspects of the event.
Some facts and figures:
- 134 artists exhibited paintings, 20 of whom also displayed greeting cards
- There were 490 paintings on display, 386 of which were framed and hung or standing on chairs, and 104 of which were unframed & stacked in boxes for visitors to flick through.
- There were more than 900 visitors over the 9 days of the exhibition, an incredible number which is a record
- 127 paintings were sold, which is more than a quarter of the total on show, and about 700 cards
- Just over half of the artists sold at least one picture
- The cafe was once again extremely successful and the quality of the cakes, sandwiches, snacks and afternoon teas was highly praised
- It was another good year for the raffle which sold over 500 tickets and resulted in 5 lucky winners receiving lovely prizes
- Once again we had the very popular best-in-show poll – the top 3 can be seen on the Hall website (bickertonvillagehall.com) and were:
- 1st : “Autumn Gold” by Clare Shaughnessy
- 2nd : “Calderdale, Yorkshire” by Kevin Sparrow
- 3rd : “Robin Ragged Robin” also by Clare Shaughnessy
As always, the exhibition could not have been so successful without the participation, enthusiasm, dedication and energy of all the supporters and helpers who are too numerous to name here but deserve our full gratitude. We estimate well over 60 volunteers were involved, including many of the artists, and members of the BVH committee, Bickerton Parish Church, the BVH Art Class, local art groups & the local community in general.
And of course a big thank you also to all the artists for providing such high quality works.
We look forward to the 17th BVH Art Exhibition next July!!
Bickerton Village Hall
Long lane, Bickerton
Malpas, Cheshire SY14 8AU
Mon 9th October:
A Man Called Otto starring Tom Hanks
LINE DANCE CLASSES
Thursday evenings 6.15-10pm, starting again on 5th Jan.
See poster in "What's On & News" for details
Bickerton Village Hall
16th Art Exhibition
July 22nd - 30th
See Report in
"What's On & News"