The 2021 Art Exhibition at BVH - Report
Saturday 24th July to Sunday 1st August
We were a little apprehensive about how well this year's art exhibition, our 14th, would be received and how successful it would be, considering the impact the pandemic might have had on people's ability and desire to come out of lockdown and attend such a relatively busy social event.
We needn't have worried!
Although we scaled down slightly the size and duration of the exhibition, in many respects it was just as popular and successful as any of the 13 previous occasions. It was heartening to see so many people enjoying the experience and expressing their thanks & appreciation for the event. The figures speak for themselves:
- 135 artists took part and exhibited 423 original paintings in total
- 21 of the artists also displayed their cards for sale
- 740 visitors came over the 9 days
- exactly 100 paintings were sold, representing 24% of the total
- about half of the artists sold one or more paintings
- nearly 600 cards were sold
- the cafe was always busy and there was constant praise for the quality of the cakes
- the raffle sold nearly 500 tickets (well done Sylvia!)
- nearly all visitors voted in the Best-in-Show poll (thanks Pete!)
None of this would have been possible without the participation, enthusiasm and dedication of a vast number of supporters. We are therefore very grateful:
- to all the artists who exhibited work of a particularly high standard and to many others who tried to enter but missed out because we had reached our maximum participation number
- to all those artists and members of Bickerton Village Hall committee, Bickerton Parish Church, local art groups and the local community in general who helped set up and clear up the exhibition, hang all the paintings, run the main desk and the upstairs card room, bake the multitude of cakes consumed, run the cafe, organise the raffle and the Best-in-Show poll
The efforts of this large number of people ensured a very successful and enjoyable event, both financially and socially, helping to bring the local community together and strengthen its reputation in the wider area.
The support and positive feedback we have received throughout the exhibition certainly encourages us to plan a 15th Bickerton Village Hall Art Exhibition and we sincerely hope that you will join us for this in 2022.
Results of Best-in-Show:
1st Graham Kay "Quiet Corner"
2nd Kath Laird "Five Prize Boys"
3rd Michelle Dickson "Hanging"
Results of Raffle:
1st Mrs C Latham, Bickerton
2nd Mrs S Oram, Nantwich
3rd Mr L Bell, Chester
Bickerton Village Hall
Long lane, Bickerton
Malpas, Cheshire SY14 8AU
Now when you shop online at Amazon, they will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to us at no extra cost to you! Simply go into: "Smile.Amazon.co.uk"
"Bickerton Village Hall" before you start shopping.
Dog Training at BVH, run by "Dog School",part of the Dog Trust Charity.
Thursday evenings in November '21.
For more details see poster, in Group Section
or ring 0330 1755122
Art Classes, Bridge Club and Film Nights all start again in September! Look in "What's On" and "Groups" for details
- and there's a Wreath-making course again in December!
Monday 14th Feb 2022
"Emma". The latest (2020) adaptation of the Jane Austen classic, starring