This year's Art Exhibition at Bickerton Village Hall (our 15th) was held between 23rd & 31st July.
15th Annual Bickerton Village Hall Art Exhibition
(23rd- 31st July 2022)
It was wonderful to be able to organise and run the art exhibition this year
without most of the concerns & restrictions of the pandemic which had
affected the previous 2 years. The atmosphere at the Hall was relaxed and
happy which contributed to a very successful and enjoyable exhibition.
Some facts and figures about this year’s event:
- 113 artists exhibited paintings, 20 of whom also displayed greeting cards
- There were 504 paintings on display, 403 of which were framed and hung
or standing on chairs as usual, and 101 of which were unframed & stacked
in boxes for visitors to flick through and pick out to admire properly.
- There were countless comments from the public that the general standard
of artwork was higher than ever before
- There were about 650 visitors over the 9 days of the exhibition
- 108 paintings were sold, representing over a fifth of the total, and about
- Just over half of the artists sold at least one picture
- The cafe achieved new heights of popularity and the quality of the cakes,
sandwiches, snacks and afternoon teas was exceptional
- It was another good year for the raffle which sold over 500 tickets and
resulted in 7 lucky winners receiving lovely prizes
- Once again we had the very popular best-in-show poll – the top 3 can be
seen in the attached photos and were:
- 1st : “The Billy Boys” by Kath Laird
- 2nd : “Bendy Bay” by Kay Bayliss
- 3rd : “Frodsham Market” by Kevin Sparrow
As always, the exhibition could not have been so successful – or even
happened at all – without the participation, enthusiasm, dedication and
energy of all the supporters and helpers who are too numerous to name
here but deserve our full gratitude. We estimate well over 60 volunteers
were involved, including many of the artists, members of the BVH
committee, Bickerton Parish Church, local art groups & the local
community in general. And of course a big thank you also to all the artists
for providing such high quality works.
We look forward to the 16th BVH Art Exhibition next July!!
Bickerton Village Hall
Long lane, Bickerton
Malpas, Cheshire SY14 8AU
Vacancy for a Cleaner at the Hall - see advert in "What's On & News" section
Now when you shop online at Amazon, they will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to us at no extra cost to you! Simply go into: "Smile.Amazon.co.uk"
"Bickerton Village Hall" before you start shopping.
LINE DANCE CLASSES
Thursday evenings 6.15-10pm, starting again on 5th Jan.
See poster in "Groups" for details
NOTE: this week's Linedance class is cancelled. Resume again on 16th Feb:
Mon 20th Feb, we are showing "Downton Abbey - a New Era"